Sunday, January 2, 2011 | By: Jamie Gardner

Teriyaki Chicken with baked Brown rice and steamed carrots

So I know this isn't the fanciest meal, but this is a staple at our house. Jake would starve without rice and chicken. It is a quick and healthy meal that my WHOLE family loves. The rest of the week Jake might starve, but today he eats like a king! HA!













Teriyaki Chicken
This chicken was SOOOO easy and really good. I did cook it a little to long and I think it would be a lot better if I had cooked it only 40 minutes with the tenders and 50 minutes with breasts. My sister in law taught me this one. All I did was put frozen chicken tenders in a 9 X 13 casserole dish and pour Yoshida's Sweet & Savory sauce on top. Then I cooked it uncovered for 50 minutes at 375*. Super easy and really good. BBQ sauce would be really good too.

Melanie's Baked Brown Rice

1 1/2 C brown rice
2 1/3 C water
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

Spray a small casserole dish. Pour in rice. Boil water in microwave with salt. Add to rice then add oil. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 1 hour at 375*. Fluff rice and cover with dish towel. DO NOT DOUBLE

And last but not least I steamed some veggies in my steamer and put a little butter and italian herb seasoning on top and they were delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment