Thursday, January 6, 2011 | By: Jamie Gardner

German Meatballs

So the meatballs were a bit of a disaster. I should learn how to read! I got all my ingredients out and realized that it said Tomato SOUP not SAUCE. There is a difference. The other thing I neglected to notice was the fact that they take 2 hours to cook on the stove and 1 hour in the oven. I was thinking 30 minutes tops. Regardless of the earlier disaster, the meatballs were really good and I will make them again! So here is the recipe.

German Meatballs

2 lbs lean ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 t salt
4 good dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
1 c raw rice
1 1/2 t ground savory garlic powder
Mix together and make into balls















In another pan heat the
following:
4 cans tomato SOUP
2 cans water
6 squirts Maggi (German type soy sauce)
1 can beef consomme
2 bay leaves
Bring these ingredients to a boil. Drop meatballs in and let simmer (barely boiling) with lid for 2 hours on top of stove, stirring occasionally w
ith spoon OR
Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 400*

0 comments:

Post a Comment