Monday, January 10, 2011 | By: Jamie Gardner

Beef Wraps

Ryan has my camera so when he gets home I will post the pictures of these delicious wraps. These are SOOOO good and easy. My friend Stephanie gave me the recipe she makes them ahead of time and sends them with her kids to school or takes them on a long ride and they stay good.

Beef Wraps
2 cups frozen red & green bell peppers
1/2 lb. thinly sliced deli cooked roast beef, cut into strips
1/4 cup Zesty Italian salad dressing
4 tomato-basil tortillas
1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese

1. In medium nonstick skillet, cook and stir peppers over medium-high
heat for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add beef and salad
dressing, mix well. Cook until thoroughly heated.

2. Spoon beef mixture evenly down center of each tortilla. Sprinkle
with cheese. Roll up each tortilla. Makes 4 wraps.

I have been making these for awhile now so I don't follow this
exactly. I cook a roast in the crock pot (on low all day) and then
just shred the meat when it is done instead of the deli meat and I use
regular tortillas. I don't measure the dressing I just dump it in
unitl i like the taste. You can also use low-fat or fat free Zesty
Italian dressing. One other note: you need to use the monterey jack
cheese. I have made them with mozzarella & cheddar cheese and they
are not as good. I buy peppers when they are on sale and then cut them
up and freeze them. I hope you like them. They are super easy, fast
and yummy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment