Thursday, January 13, 2011 | By: Jamie Gardner

Deluxe Turkey Dinner



This was probably the single WORST things I have ever made. It looked so good in the picture, but I didn't like the combination of flavors. Maybe if I put the zucchini on the side I would have like it. I thought I would love it because stuffing is one of my all time favorites, but was I wrong. Aubrey liked it though.

Deluxe Turkey Dinner
from "Eating for Life"

1 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
1 cup fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
4 portions turkey breast slices
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 zucchini sliced
1 squash, sliced
1 c whole-berry cranberry sauce

  1. Preheat oven to 350*
  2. Prepare stuffing according to its package directions, substituting fat-free chicken broth in place of butter. Add celery and onion to stuffing, and mix thoroughly.
  3. Lightly coat an 8" X 8" baking dish with cooking spray. Layer turkey breast slices evenly into the bottom of the baking dish and season with freshly ground black pepper.
  4. Evenly layer sliced squash on turkey, and top with a layer of cranberry sauce. Spoon prepared stuffing on top of cranberry sauce.
  5. Cover with foil and bake until the turkey is cooked through, approximately 40 minutes.
  6. Turn oven to broil setting. Remove foil and place under broiler for 5 minutes to brown the dressing.
  7. Divide into 4 portions, serve and try to enjoy! HA1

0 comments:

Post a Comment