Monday, January 17, 2011 | By: Jamie Gardner

Taco Soup


This is a staple at our house. It is something that is easy to store and most of us usually have on hand.

Taco Soup

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 lb hamburger, browned
1 packet taco seasoning.

Brown your hamburger and drain. Mix with taco seasoning and add to pot with beans, corn and tomatoes. mix together and cook on medium until warm. Serve on top of tortilla chips or Frito's. You can top with sour cream, cheese, avocado, lettuce, or salsa.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I'm so excited to get ideas from you! This is a fun idea but I can see how it would be a pain!!! Good Luck!

Sarah said...

This is awesome Jamie! I started doing weekly menus last year for our family to help save money and it has done wonders for us. Although I will admit, I don't make anything that takes more than 3 ingredients. I'm kidding...kindof. :) I actually made taco soup last night and my recipe is almost the same as yours. We add sliced olives though, my kids are big fans. LOL I'm excited to follow your blog and get lots of ideas for meals. Maybe I should come over sometime to test out all these yummy recipes. :)

Post a Comment