Sunday, January 23, 2011 | By: Jamie Gardner

Sesame Beef Stir Fry


This is delicious! I was out of brown rice today so I used cal-rose white sticky rice and I have to say the brown rice tastes a lot better in this recipe.



Sesame Beef Stir Fry

2 portions brown rice (about 1/2 cup uncooked
2 portions lean ground beef (about 1/2 lb)
1 T. toasted sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 green onions, sliced
1 cup broccoli slaw (I couldn't find any at the store so I used cole slaw and it tasted the same)
1 cup napa cabbage, shredded
1 T. lite soy sauce ( I was out so I used Yoshida's sweet & savory sauce and it was delish)
crushed red pepper flakes to taste

  1. Prepare brown rice according to its package directions.
  2. WHile the rice is cooking, in a medium skillet or wok, brown the ground beef over medium heat, until no longer pink. Remove the beef from the skillet, drain and set aside.
  3. Heat sesame oil in the skillet over medium - high heat. Add garlic and green onions; stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli slaw and cabbage; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add rice and soy sauce; stir fry for 2 more minutes.
  4. Return the cooked ground beef to the skillet with the rice and vegetable mixture and season with red pepper flakes, to taste. Stir until ingredients are well combined and heated through, about 2 minutes.
  5. Divide into 2 portions
  6. I double this recipe because otherwise it doesn't make very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment