Friday, January 21, 2011 | By: Jamie Gardner

Buttermilk Syrup

I know this isn't on the menu this week, but I got up this morning and wanted to make something yummy for my kids (they don't have school today.) So I made them french toast with homemade buttermilk syrup. I love this stuff. I could literally drink it.

Buttermilk Syrup
1/2 c buttermilk (substitute 1/2 T vinegar with the rest milk)
1 c sugar
1 cube butter (real not margarine)
1 tsp. light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda

In a saucepan combine: buttermilk, sugar, butter & light corn syrup. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and add: vanilla & baking soda. Stir with a wire whisk and be careful it really foams up! I usually double the recipe. It lasts quite a while in the fridge.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

because i have buttermilk in my fridge i am going to make this this week. I will let you know how it turns out for me. yours looks yummy!

Post a Comment