Thursday, January 6, 2011 | By: Jamie Gardner

Hawaiian Chicken

Let's just say I won't be adding this recipe to my cookbook. The chicken seemed dry and it lacked any flavor. This is why I am doing this to go through my recipes and find the ones I LOVE. If you want to try this one let me know how it turns out for you. It was a really busy night for me an maybe I didn't make it with enough love. HA! HA!
Hawaiian Chicken

10-12 chicken breasts
salt
2 cans (15 oz) pineapple chunks
4 T cornstarch
2 T soy sauce
2 chicken bullion cubes
flour
cooking oil
1 c honey
1 1/2 c cider vinegar
1/2 t ginger
2 green peppers, cut into 1/4" strips
Roll Chicken breast in flour and sprinkle with salt. Brown in oil. Drain pineapple; reserve chunks, and pour juice into measuring cup. Ad water to make 3 cups. Add honey, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, bullion cubes, and vinegar; Bring to boil and boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over chicken pieces in 2 quart baking dish. Bake uncovered for 40 min. Add pineapple chunks and green pepper. Bake 30 min loner or until chicken is tender. Serve with cooked rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment